How often are TMV’s required to be serviced?
TMV’s are to be watermarked against AS4032.1. This Australian Standard then refers to AS4032.3 Requirements for field testing, maintenance or replacement of TMV’s. This standard states that:
- TMV’s are to be field-tested (minor service) at intervals of not more than 12 months.
- A record of test results and repairs shall be provided in accordance with AS4032.3 Appendix B.
- A management system shall be established to ensure the devices are tested and maintained in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements, AS4032.3 and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Thermostatic actuators shall be replaced at intervals not exceeding 5 years.
- The replacement and lubrication of dynamic ‘o’ rings and seals at intervals not exceeding 5 years (major service) or at shorter intervals as required by the manufacturer.
- TMV’s are required to be commissioned by a technically competent and VBA Compliant technician.
- CRH Plumbers will provide or update an onsite logbook with every service, with digital copies also available. In addition, a Compliance Certificate will be included with every service.